Guest Post: Danielle Lounds
Thank You Tag by Danielle Lounds
Hi all – it is Danielle and I have a fun mixed media tag to share with you today. There is ink, paint and spray along with some of my favorite embellishments.
Tags are the perfect embellishment for a gift bag, especially a bag full of candy. This bag is full of coconut m&ms – mmmmm… good.
I thought you might like to see how I created the tag base.
Step one: Stamp the polka dot image from Mixed Media CMS125 in various colors of Distress Ink on a manila tag. I used: Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, and Shabby Shutters.
Step two: For a more muted look, paint some gesso over the stamped tag. Let dry (use a heat tool if you are impatient like me).
Step 3: Stamp the grungy alphabet image from School Desk CMS057 in Jet Black Archival ink a couple times.
Step 4: It still needed a bit more texture so I sprayed the tag with Cherry Pie Dylusions Ink Spray.
Step 5: Soaked up the excess ink with a second tag. This could be the start of something interesting too. Let both tags dry and then set aside the second one for a future project.
Once the tag is dry have fun decorating. Here is what I did:
- Stamp the thank you image from Many Thanks (Lawn Fawn) in Jet Black Archival ink on Shabby Shutters Distress cardstock and then cut out with a Circle Nestabilities die.
- Attach Black Elastic Gingham ribbon and White Mesh ribbon (both from May arts) to the tag using the Tiny Attacher (Idea-ology). Tie a piece of black baker’s twine through the hole in the top of the tag.
- Staple a clear heart to the tag. (Stapled behind the gingham ribbon so you can’t see it).
- Attach the sentiment panel using foam adhesive tape and add dots along the edge using a white gel pen.
- Add a small pink flower (Prima) and some rhinestones (Kaiser).
Here are a couple of close up images of the finished tag:
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!
Links to products used:
Mixed Media CMS125 Stamp Set (Stamper’s Anonymous)
School Desk CMS057 Stamp Set (Stamper’s Anonymous)
Many Thanks Stamp Set (Lawn Fawn)
Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink (Ranger)
Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink (Ranger)
Mustard Seed Distress Ink (Ranger)
Shabby Shutters Distress Ink (Ranger)
Jet Black Archival Ink (Ranger)
Cherry Pie Dylusions Ink Spray (Ranger)
Shabby Shutters Distress Cardstock (Core’dinations)